Make Housing Central 2018 - BC Civic Election
During the lead-up to the October 20th civic elections, we are asking our non-profit and cooperative housing members to take action in helping us to ensure that affordable housing is addressed in local campaigns. We are also asking all candidates across the province to Make Housing Central in their campaigns.
Candidates can show their support for affordable housing by taking the pledge to Make Housing Central.
By taking the pledge, you commit to:
- Contribute public land to the community housing sector for new affordable homes
- Protect existing affordable housing supply through retention and replacement policies
- Zone existing and new rental developments as rental only
- Streamline municipal permitting and rezoning processes to fast-track development of affordable rental housing
- Pursue partnerships with local non-profits, co-operatives, and other stakeholders in the community housing sector to create new affordable housing developments
Visit us next week to take the pledge and download the customized guides.